Serving by Encouraging . . .
Want to get involved hands-on? Union Gospel Mission has several opportunities for people of all ages and abilities to serve those less fortunate in our communities.
Different volunteer opportunities include:
- Holiday and Special Events
- Clothing Sort
- Gift Wrapping
- Clerical Help
- Extra volunteers are needed for special annual events including Thanksgiving and Christmas meals, Christmas toy and stocking drives, and more
Women’s Shelter—Volunteer at our women and children’s facility, and help with special events, Or in one of these other ways;
Front Office Duties:
- Answer phone lines
- Take messages
- Help unload donations
- Write receipts
- Make copies
- Data Entry
- Help ladies needing resources to find them via our list, phone book or Internet
- Go through incoming donations and sort out the clothing from all other items.
- Inventory incoming clothing onto Intake sheets and give to office
- Hang up and keep clothing bank full and neat
- Help when needed taking people down to the clothing bank
- Be responsible for amount of items given out (there is a list)
- Help with taking outgoing to shed for pick up
- Help doing client and house laundry
- Volunteer in helping with general office needs and projects weekdays during normal business hours
Off Site Volunteering
Organize a food, toiletry, clothing, or furniture drive, or a fundraiser to benefit Union Gospel Mission and Friendship House. Opportunities are available to help with PR on events and the mission itself. Call Linda at 533-1064 for more information.
How to Get Started:
Please complete our Application (pdf), then mail your completed form to:
Union Gospel Mission of GH
PO Box 859
Aberdeen WA 98520
or you can drop it off at the Mission at 405 E Heron in Aberdeen. Call Linda at 533-1064 for a tour and interview.
LOVE ONE ANOTHER . . .
“A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another” (John 13:34).
LATEST NEWSLETTER (PDF)
CLICK HERE to read the latest Newsletter.